Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregated information. We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password
- Information you provide on a public forum on our Website and on our application
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Information you provide to us when you use our Website or application
- Location information when you visit our Website or use our application, including location information associated with your IP address
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send
How We Collect Your Information
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our Website or application.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Members and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar proceeding.
- To support and improve the Services we offer. To communicate with you about your account for informational, not promotional, reasons.
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or "opt in") to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
We will not share your personal information except in limited circumstances, including:
When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites
Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When we cooperate with companies to offer co-branded products or services to you, we will do so only if permitted by applicable law and, in these cases, the companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those related to the co-branded products or services
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like customer service or google analytics ; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
We provide you the ability to exercise certain choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- You may choose whether we share your information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same
The service is not for use by children under 13 and we never knowingly communicate directly with children under 13. You should not submit information about children under 13 unless you are the parent or guardian of that child or have the permission of the parent or guardian.
Data Security, Integrity and Retention
Comments and Questions
Notice to California Residents: If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content.
Aggregate Information. Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of guests, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual guest.
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual guest.
Application. Application means a program or service operated by us that may be displayed on various online, mobile or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to interact directly with our guests.
Children. Children means individuals who we have identified are not of legal age to consent to the collection and processing of their personal information. The term “children” refers to individuals under 13 years of age.